April 26, 2008

First thoughts (Singapore, day 1)

After 20 hours on the plane, here I am finally. The flight was quite pleasant, surprisingly. Singapore airlines provides great seats also on coach: space, great screens, a lot of movies, ...

How do you get ready for a 20 hours flight? There are some things that you need to pack:
  1. Noise canceling headphones, my choice is Sony MDR-NC60. They are cheaper than other options and provide the highest noise cancellation available (87%).
  2. iPod Video full of movies/TV shows. I used this trip to catch up with Battlestar Gallactica. I'm almost done with the first season. Note: after July, it will be a iPod Touch or iPhone with a bigger screen. I can't wait!!!
  3. Extra battery for the iPod so you can play movies for more than 2-3 hours.
Singapore is so far one of the nicest cities I've seen. It's so clean that you can't believe it. It makes Tokyo seem dirty. It makes NY look like a latrine :-( People is nice and everyone speaks perfect English, with an accent but great.

The picture was taken this morning on the hotel. I love how flowers on the water look on picture. My first stop will be Orchard Road for two reasons: 1) it's the main shopping area of Singapore and I need a couple of things; 2) the shuttle from the hotel takes you there, so it will be the easiest thing to do now that I'm completely groggy.

Second stop, find a great tailor. Remember my advise, never visit Asia without taking the chance to increase your wardrobe.

No comments: