April 29, 2006

Blue Note, Michel Camilo Live


In 2003, Michel Camilo recorded over four nights at New York's legendary Jazz Club, Blue Note. It was the first time with the bassist Charles Flores. Yesterday I have the chance of seeing them with Dafnis Prieto at the drums.

Obviously the atmosphere of Blue Note helps to make the night magic, but Michel Camilo is such a pianist. His hands fly through the piano, you can not follow the movements, sometimes you can figure out that he has more than the regular two hands that usual people has.

I strongly recommend you some of his albums (you can find them at itunes.com): "(2003) Live at the Blue Note", "(1989) On Fire" and "(2006) Rhapsody in Blue". I know, I know why other version of the great Gershwin masterpiece? because it is worth it.

Great experience. Now, I am just waiting for Paquito D'Rivera that I think is going to be here in september.

No comments: