March 17, 2009

Left & Right

Aturuxando made two interesting comments on my previous post and I would love to build up on the second one now. He brought to my attention a comment from Paul Krugman (sorry, I don't have the original so this must do it):

"...Éste es uno de esos momentos en los que toda una filosofía ha sido desacreditada. Los que defendían que la avaricia era buena y que los mercados debían autoregularse sufren ahora la catástrofe. Son los mismos que decían que si se subían los impuestos a los ricos pasarían cosas terribles. Pues Clinton subió los impuestos a las rentas más altas y la economía funcionó muy bien durante ocho años, mientras que Bush los bajó y mira lo que ha pasado. Creo que ese cambio se va a imponer."

I'm sure Mr. Krugman is very smart man, but this is probably one the most stupid arguments I've read in the last weeks. Let's see, using his rationale, we could also infer that having sex with White House's interns helps the economy. I mean, Clinton had sex with Monica and nobody knows anything Bush sex life, so that must be it ... the President's lack of sex has caused the crisis.

Bush & Clinton policies on taxes were different. We could discuss which one is better, but there is no single element that links the current crisis with current or past tax policies.

2 comments:

Zorro de Segovia said...

everybody knows that George´s cock is very small. And, if we trust on the gossips that people say about blacks ... the economy will have a very good level with Obama. Sure.

Aturuxando said...

I think you demagogue... a little
:)